Monday, March 14, 2011

still off

Let me start out by saying, that while I enjoyed the easy read of the Twilight saga, I am not a fan. I love the genera, but just wasn't the gigantic fan that so many are. That being said, I took my husband to see Red Riding Hood, thinking "Awesome, a werewolf movie; this is gonna be GREAT."(I LOVE shifters!!) It reminded me of Twilight, without the vampires. The main male lead even had messy hair like Edward. I was extremely disappointed. Granted, it was an entertaining, fun movie; just felt like an old played-out plot. The whole teenage angst with the love triangle just is crap to me. Maybe I am just out of the teenage loop, or just having an off month, but I was just eh about the whole thing.
That seemed to be the theme to my weekend: high expectations, low results. I did have a few positive things occur though.
1. I think I have the cover for Zombie War: The Beginning. It is strange and creepy, just like I wanted it. My sister says that the zombie on the cover looks like her friend's husband. Not quite the response I was looking for, but......
2. I went to an Unnamed Writer's group that was encouraging. I was informed of a way to create an actual paperback book for my books, and how to do it. I am beyond excited and am working on getting Choice in paperback. While I was doing my formatting, I realized that Choice is 302 pages long. I had no idea it was so long. It was only 189 in my word doc, so I am beyond thrilled.
3. I feel like I am finally getting a hang of the whole publishing/formatting/editing thing. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. I am trying not to berate myself for not blogging, fbing, and twittering as much as I would like, but to enjoy the process. I am super excited about my followers, and hope that some part of my journey into the writing process is helpful to at least someone. (Also, I hope you like my books as much as I do!) ;)
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment