Friday, June 29, 2012

Crazy week

I found a kitten in my garden and have no idea what to do with him. Let me explain what an absolute bleeding heart I am when it comes to cats. I am the crazy cat lady your family warned you about, yet I also have OCD, so I'm a very CLEAN crazy cat lady. I have 8 cats already; one of which has to stay in her own room because she hates cats. Yes, you read that correctly.
Now this kitten is probably about 2-4 months old, black with three equally spaced white spots on his belly and has brown eyes. He's adorable. He's growling at all the other cats, playing with toys and being attacked by a couple of my 17lb adult cats. He's been in our house for 3 days now and I can't bring myself to put him outside. I've even named him. I know, I'm an idiot.
Anyway, one of my friends agreed to give him as a present to her daughter for her birthday in September. Trouble is, by then am I going to be too attached to this little stinker and will they all get along by then? If the answer to that question is yes, how do I part with him?
<shakes head> Frustrating situations I put myself in. I keep telling people I don't need to be involved in their drama as I cause enough on my own, but no one believes me....
My sister's 30th birthday was Thursday. I took her to the hot springs we used to go to and can honestly tell you I have no desire to ever return. The drive to get there plus the fee to get in wasn't worth the pools. They were all cracked, slimy, uneven, and really gross. I had a very difficult time relaxing as I was more concerned about what I was contracting than how the sulfuric water was purifying and soothing me. Furthermore, we swam in the pool that was discolored and had a grainy bottom. The bottom used to be cement. Also, my bathing suit fell apart. That was fun. I had a bikini skirt that turned into a calf-length skirt instead of a mini. I'm sunburnt BELOW my suit line on my chest. I've never had that happen before. I had no idea swimsuits could fall apart like that. It's only 2 years old too. I don't swim that much!
So today, I took her to see Magic Mike. We loved it. The dancing scenes are worth the price of admission and I wish they had clubs like that here. I'd never have any money. lol. The scenes not involving stripping, depicted the lifestyle of a clubber and how Mike grows to realize that lifestyle isn't for him. He wants something more for himself. I thought that was a good movie premise in and of itself. I like watching how people grow. All-in-all, if you're a woman, or a gay man, go see this movie. Straight men I think would be way too embarrassed to watch this. It was fun, entertaining and exciting.
I'm now sitting at my computer with the cat that hates cats (Damona aka: Satan), writing and avoiding the completion of Zombie #2. I'm pages away and have to edit and publish. I'll get it finished mid-July, I'm just procrastinating. I'm good at that.
I hope y'all have a great weekend! As for me, I'm tired and Damona's purring is putting me to sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment