Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Kittens aka the triplets

Gunther and Bry at Halloween
Frost, Saphyra and Gunther just turned 6. They're from the same litter, and I also am the proud owner of their mother.


Gunther is my big scaredy cat, although he does the cutest thing to get pet, he stands up and arches himself into your hand. He also knows what a laser light is and where it's kept in the house. When I ask, "Where's your light?" or "Where's the laser?" he gets super excited, runs to the drawer and paws at it.



Saphyra in her tent

Saphyra is mommy's girl. She's my shadow, my little pain in the butt, spoiled rotten, youngest girl. She has her spot on the bed when it's time to go to sleep, and if I'm not laying correctly, or (God forbid!) someone else is in her spot, she yowls until the grievous error is fixed. Sometime during the night she finds herself snuggled up to her brother, Frost.




Frost being cute
Frost is a big marshmallow. He loves being brushed, preferably by my hairbrush, and absolutely loves the toilet brush. He has his own human toothbrush that he chews on when I brush my teeth, but if he could, he'd snatch the toilet brush and chew on that until his gums bled. I will never understand this. He's a pain in the butt in the morning. Once he was tall enough, he learned how to turn off the standing fan we have in our bedroom. So, for 5 years, I've woken at various times during the wee morning hours to a cat "ticking" the fan, trying to turn it off. What he's really trying to do is to get me up and turn the fan off so he can have the warm spot without air blowing on him.

I came home from work today and Frost sat in front of my computer with his paws on my shoulder, sniffing my ear. Apparently he's celebrating National Hug Day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment