Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pot Luck Reviews


A Whisper of Rue by Decadent Kane
3 Stars
A cute, short story that was a bit confusing and childish for me, even with the abbreviated sex scene. Fun for a quick 30 minute read. I guess I would've liked it told differently. The characters were ok, and the writing was good, but the story itself was just "meh" for me. 

Welcome to the Family by Caroline F. Levy
3 Stars
This is a fun, fast-paced story that has a ton of potential. While it was enjoyable, it failed to really bring you into the story and care deeply for the characters. There was a lot of repetition, and then things that came out of no-where that had you wondering what you missed. I think if Ms. Levy were to invest in a proper editor, this book would quickly go from "meh" to "Fantastic." I'd like to read more, but only after it's been edited. 

Angel's Gate by Anne Carter
5 Stars
I really enjoyed this book. Full of suspense and romance - it had me wanting more. While some things seemed to reach into the "seriously, you want me to believe that?!?" department, the book moved so well that you didn't linger on the "huh" and were able to simply enjoy the story. Maybe some people are more accepting to strangers, but I have yet to meet those people. I really, greatly enjoyed Emelie and Nate's relationship. They are too cute for words. Thanks for a fun read, and I look forward to more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment