Been turned into a zombie and not sure how to prepare your new addiction?
Tired of raw, uncooked, unflavored brains?
Deep Fried Brains
1. 1 head of garlic, skin on
2. Black peppercorns wrapped in cheesecloth
3. 1 bay leaf
4. Bundle of fresh herbs
5. 1lb brains
6. Almond flour
7. 2 eggs
8. 1/2 cup almond milk
9. 1quart olive oil for deep-frying
· Prepare 3 bowls with the flour, the egg whisked with milk, and the breadcrumbs.
· Bring a 2quart pot of water to simmer and add in the garlic, peppercorns, and herbs. Simmer for 15 minutes. Gently lower the brains into the pot and simmer for another 6 minutes.
· Remove the brains with a slotted spoon and let cool. When the brains are cold and firm, separate the lobes into 2-inch chunks.
· Heat the oil to 350ºF. Roll each brain segment in flour, then coat in the egg mix, then coat it in the breadcrumbs. Deep-fry the brain until they are golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
· Drain and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. I prefer teriyaki.
This, and other recipes can be found at: http://bit.ly/1G2gLCr